Geisinger, a nationally recognized leader in innovation and quality care, is seeking Gastroenterologist to join our growing team!
As a result of continued growth in our market, we are currently recruiting for a BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join our team of physicians and advanced practice providers who are second to none. Expansion in our ambulatory endoscopy
platform and cancer services affords us an opportunity to further develop our regional GI services.
At Geisinger, our Gastroenterologists:
- Enjoy ample opportunity for professional growth including teaching fellows, residents and medical students, as well as participation in clinical and endoscopic research as faculty of the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Fully integrate with our robust electronic health record (EPIC)
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including embedded pharmacists, who assist in management of Hepatitis C and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Benefit from the support of skilled specialists in surgical specialties (Thoracic Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Colorectal Surgery), Interventional Radiology, and Cancer.
We are proud of the support we provide:
- Competitive starting salary with sign-on loans (bonus) available
- Excellent benefit package, including paid relocation, malpractice with tail coverage, ample paid time off, generous CME time/allowance of $3500 /15 days, and much more
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Top 8 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems
– Becker's Hospital Review