Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Catheterization- $15,000 Joining Incentive
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Are you an experienced RN looking to join our team of Healthcare Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and interdisciplinary collaboration, we’ve built an innovative culture that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice, and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends, neighbors, and family members.
Primarily specializes in the care of patients undergoing invasive cardiac catheterization and/or invasive peripheral catheterization. Diagnostic and Interventional procedures performed within the department include coronary, electrophysiologic, and peripheral vascular. The Registered Nurse, functioning in a spirit of teamwork, is accountable for the delivery of patient care during the pre, intra and post procedural phases of cardiac catheterization.
- Provides direct patient care before, during and after procedure.
- Assists physician with adult catheterization procedures, percutaneous transluminal coronary interventions, myocardial biopsy, temporary pacemaker insertion, pericardiocentesis, Swan-Ganz insertion, intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and other associated procedures.
- Records, monitors and assesses hemodynamic data collected during catheterizations.
- Completes all patient records accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with patients throughout procedure.
- Continuously monitors patient's physiologic and psychological status throughout procedure.
- Initiates and maintains IV access.
- Administers all ordered medications, intravenous drips and emergency medications before, during and after procedure.
- Operates specialized equipment used in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responds appropriately to all emergency situations within the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- Initiates life support techniques in the event of a cardiac and respiratory arrest including CPR, drug administration, defibrillation, temporary pacemaker insertion, intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and airway management.
- Assesses patient for complications related to medications or procedures and responds appropriately.
- Discontinues arterial and venous access safely through use of manual compression or available compression devices.
- Assists physician with use of invasive closure devices.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
**Qualified applicants may be eligible for a joining incentive **
- Hours: Monday through Friday: 7:30am to 4:00pm
- On-Call: On-Call for Level 1 Heart Attack Program (L1HAP): Rotation of 2 to 3 nights per week and every 3rd weekend. 2 holidays annually.
- ** On-Call response time is 30 minutes for patients requiring acute heart attack care
- Preferred Experience: 2 years RN experience with Telemetry. ED and/or ICU experience preferred, but not required.
- Union: Yes
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you’ll also receive care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex spouses, domestic partners and their children and stepchildren.
- Paid Time Off: Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and parental leave.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to create an environment where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: We offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only).
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification within 6 months - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
SkillsInterpersonal Communication; Clinical Skills; Computer Literacy; Communication; Preceptor Skills; Teamwork
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- RN - Registered Nurse - Critical Care Float - GWV Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Clinical Team Coordinator Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular/Stroke Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- RN- Registered Nurse- Advanced Acute Care Trauma Unit Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Orthopedic Trauma- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Recently Viewed Jobs
Your recently viewed jobs will appear here