Registered Nurse (RN) Lactation Consultant (Part-Time)
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of an integrated lactation educational program. Coordinates and provides instruction for all medical and nursing staff. Works closely with team members such as, but not limited to, nurses, physicians, Social Services, feeding team, and other maternal infant clinicians to ensure patient educational needs are met.
- Develops protocols and programs supporting breastfeeding for all lactating mothers.
- Delivers prenatal education regarding benefits of breast-feeding to all clinic patients.
- Teaches breastfeeding classes and provides private consultations as requested by mother, nurse or physician.
- Maintains and organizes loaner pump program and resource center.
- Maintains affiliation with local support groups.
- Provides follow-up for all first-time breast-feeding mothers and infants or any couple needing special care.
- Continues with outreach programs in community and surrounding hospitals.
- Facilitates and promotes the integration of lactation philosophy amongst the staff including general philosophy of breastfeeding of the premature infant.
- Provides ongoing staff development related to lactation services.
- Attends patient care rounds.
- Participates in Performance Improvement in relation to lactation.
- Participates in research projects involving lactation.
- Education of staff on supplemental nursing techniques.
- Educates attending physician staff.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Hours: 24 hours per week- Shifts will be either 11A to 7P or 3P to 11P
- Weekends: 2 weekend shifts per month or as needed
- Experience Required: minimum of 5 years RN experience
- Certifications Required: International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and BLS
- Union: Yes
Geisinger cares about not only its patients and members but also about you and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and professionally.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first day of employment with three medical plan options, including flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) options
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A robust PTO plan
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common identities.
To learn more about our benefit offerings, please visit: https://www.paperturn-view.com/radancy-geis/135344-geisinger-2023-benefits-general?pid=MzA300191&v=1.1
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 5 years-Nursing (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) - International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE)
SkillsCommunication; Preceptor Skills; Teamwork; Interpersonal Communication; Clinical Skills; Computer Literacy
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- RN - Registered Nurse - Critical Care Float - GWV Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Clinical Team Coordinator Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular/Stroke Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- RN- Registered Nurse- Advanced Acute Care Trauma Unit Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Orthopedic Trauma- Up to $26K Hiring Incentive! Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Recently Viewed Jobs
Your recently viewed jobs will appear here