Community Medicine Opportunities
At Geisinger, shaping the future of healthcare starts with a robust support system, from implementing ground-breaking programs to utilizing advanced technology, these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to lead healthcare change. We are seeking board certified/board eligible family medicine, internal medicine or med/peds physicians for opportunities within central and northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Primary care
Join the team that helps our communities on the path to better health — one person and one day at a time. From family health to chronic disease management, including diabetes and heart disease, prenatal care, pediatrics, walk-in care, nutrition, specialty eye care, wellness and more, our goal is to make better health easier for all.
- Senior Focused Primary Care (Geisinger 65 Forward)
Join the team that is providing a new VIP-style approach to primary care for people 65 an older. Designed for physicians to see fewer patients, which allows them to devote more time to build relationships, answer questions and create personalized medical treatments that lead to better health. Among other things, Geisinger 65 Forward gives our physicians a panel size of 450 patients, compared to the national average of 1,500-2,000. Learn Moreabout Geisinger 65 Forward.
We are proud to give our primary care physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best – provide exceptional care:
- Innovative model of care
- Forty-minute appointments – Patients age 65 and older, receive extended forty-minute appointments, giving our physicians quality time to care for seniors. Twenty-minute appointments are available for patients under 65 and acute care visits.
- Expanded care team – In addition to Geisinger’s primary care physicians and advanced practitioners, our care team includes shared clerical staff, nurses, medication therapy management pharmacists and pharmacy management, RN case managers, health managers, social workers, clinic health associates, primary care nurse coordinators, behavioral health specialists (onsite and via tele-health) and coding educators.
- Capped patient panel size – The risk-adjusted patient panel size for physicians is capped at 2,100 patients and advanced practitioners at 1,800.
MyCode Community Health Initiative
With over 265,000 patient-participants, including over 175,000 with DNA sequencing data, our ground-breaking genomics research program is one of the largest sequenced cohorts in the world. Through MyCode we analyze the DNA of patient-participants to diagnose medical conditions earlier and help discover new ways to manage disease.
Geisinger’s advanced, nationally recognized patient-centered medical home model provides improved control of chronic diseases, and more complete preventative care.
Why Join Geisinger?
Click here to learn how our innovative and collaborative approach to care gives physicians the tools they need to do what they do best – provide exceptional care.
- Base salary model – Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive – $100k incentive paid after start.
- Medical school loan repayment – $150k paid in 4 installments.
- Residency/Fellowship stipend – $2,500 per month available up to 18 months prior to graduation.
- Geography stipend – Up to $15k (at specified locations).
- Continuing medical education – 15 working days and $3,500 annually.
- Teaching/Research: Geisinger has an exciting intellectual environment highlighted by our four primary care residency programs, including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. The medical school is a leader in innovative education, with a curriculum emphasizing active learning, longitudinal clinical experiences and community engagement. The research division supports >50 full-time faculty and >30 clinician scientists with expertise across a wide array of research areas, including informatics, data science, precision health, genomics, implementation science, outcomes research, bioethics, and clinical trials.
- Benefits – Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation and more!
Top 8 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems
– Becker's Hospital Review