Working at an integrated healthcare system means you’ll have access to a tremendous network of support and a variety of exciting opportunities. From our innovative care delivery models to our unique range of services and medical specialties, you can feel confident knowing you’ll have the backing of a 100+ year-old community institution that’s nationally recognized for leading the future of health. And it’s something you can find only at Geisinger.
Breadth of the organization
Geisinger comprises nine hospital campuses, two research centers, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and a 550,000-member health plan serving more than one million residents throughout Pennsylvania. We have nearly 24,000 employees, including more than 1,600 employed physicians, all of whom share a commitment to quality healthcare.
Care for patients
We care for patients across our tight-knit communities in Pennsylvania.
- 9 hospital campuses
- 253 clinic sites
- 3,000 providers
Geisinger Health Plan
We provide quality, affordable healthcare coverage through our Geisinger Health Plan.
- 550,000 members
- 30,000 contracted primary care providers and specialists
- 120,000 contracted hospitals
Teach, research & innovate
We teach, research and innovate across the system. Learn about academic programs offered here at Geisinger.
- 523 MBS/MD students at the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- About 50 students at the Geisinger Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing and 2,000+ other nursing students
- 505 residents/fellows
- 1,000+ active research projects
Geisinger is divided clinically into nine institutes, which deliver a team-based approach for providers, scientists, researchers, educators and other healthcare professionals. Our goal is to provide patients with consistency and continuity of care.
- Cancer Institute
- Heart Institute
- Medicine Institute
- Musculoskeletal Institute
- Neuroscience Institute
- Nursing Institute
- Surgery Institute
- Women and Children’s Institute
- Diagnostic Medicine Institute
Nationally recognized by Forbes, Fortune and TIME
From using food as medicine to bringing care into the home, our innovative approach to patient care has been recognized by leading industry publications and is advancing the future of health. Explore our growing list of groundbreaking, strategic priorities:
Growing our share of risk membership and enhancing our ability to manage the at-risk population
Geisinger Health Plan
- Our 500,000+ member health plan known for its high-quality, affordable healthcare benefits.
- Senior-focused primary care centers where physicians can focus on a patient panel size of up to 400, well below the national average panel size.
Geisinger at Home
- Team-based care that makes it easier to improve health by meeting patients where they are – right at home.
Intersection between care and coverage
- We’ve consistently demonstrated that closer alignment between Geisinger Health Plan and our healthcare providers benefits the communities we serve, resulting in 18% lower readmission rates, 7.9% lower cost of care, 10% better in cancer screenings and more.
Fresh Food Farmacy
- Groundbreaking program that uses food to provide life-saving alternatives to patients with diabetes.
Achieving continuous improvement among measures of organizational health
- Geisinger cares for cardiac, spine, bariatric and joint replacement patients from across the country and has been consistently designated as a national leader for high quality, affordable care.
- Engagement, professional development and retention is part of our commitment to you at Geisinger. The Geisinger Academy provides a continuum of learning opportunities including courses, certificates, master’s degrees, communities of practice and executive education. The Academy fosters the development of competencies and skills focused on teaching and learning, communication, management and leadership, scholarly activity and precision medicine. Curriculum is evidence based, holistic and focused on best practices and the future of health with Geisinger’s competency model woven throughout our diverse curriculum.
Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Built from a cross-section of employees across the system, this council ensures alignment with Geisinger’s mission of providing culturally competent care and developing and sustaining a diverse workforce.
Top patient satisfaction
- Geisinger providers consistently rank in the top 10 percent in patient experience nationally from Press Ganey survey results, which gives patients an opportunity to grade the service and care they received from a provider.
Employee engagement and retention
- We continually seek to improve in big and small ways and ensure our employees are an important part of our success:
- We invest in your development with opportunities for mentorship, professional growth, and career advancement.
- Our employee engagement surveys foster an environment of continuous listening and dialogue with our employees to enhance communication, provide more real-time feedback, and create a culture of broader transparency, shared accountability.
Putting the consumer first by delivering the access, convenience and coordination they desire
Mail order pharmacy
- Prescriptions refilled to patients' homes every 90 days so they never have to worry about running out of their medications.
- Growing retail and mail-order pharmacy to save patients money and promote better medication adherence.
Primary Care expansion and redesign
- Support our communities with the growth of our network, facilities, and services to provide the best care.
- Expanded care team: physicians work with a team of advanced practitioners, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and psychologists to better manage the health of patients.
- Provides patients with access to specialty care and primary care from the comfort of their home.
- We have a comprehensive organizational strategy around digital transformation to provide a personalized, state-of-the-art consumer experience. Our commitment to providing our consumers easy access to manage their care ultimately leads to better clinical outcomes and increased customer satisfaction.
Geisinger physicians and medical professionals care for patients across many medical specialties.Explore our complete list