Our reputation for delivering the best care to every patient, every time, traces back to our ability to create an outstanding work environment for our physicians, nurses and employees.
That’s why, at Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- • We provide you with nationally recognized healthcare at a low cost
- • We support your growing and diverse family
- • We help you invest in and protect your future
- • We help you grow your career
- • We encourage you to take time off
- • We help you connect with the Geisinger community
Geisinger is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. Geisinger also ensures provision of reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. Additionally, please know Geisinger has a no-smoking policy.
Health and medical
We provide you with nationally recognized healthcare at a low cost.
We offer a comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you’ll also receive care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the country.
- • Affordable premiums: Our medical premiums are up to 40 percent less than the national average.
- • Free labs and low deductibles and copays: Geisinger’s Provider Choice Plan feature individual deductibles as low as $500, primary care copays as low as $5 and specialty care copays as low as $25. Our labs and diagnostic services are free.
- • Ways to save: We offer many ways to save on premiums and out-of-pocket costs, including lower premiums with our wellness program, lower copays with our mail-order pharmacy, flexible spending accounts and a free drug program.
We support your growing family.
Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex spouses, domestic partners and their children and stepchildren.
- • Fertility coverage*: 100 percent coverage for fertility treatments after meeting the deductible.
- • Adoption support: $5,000 reimbursement for adoption expenses.
- • Childbirth education classes: We offer a variety of childbirth preparation classes, breastfeeding classes, and a “baby boot camp.”
- • Professional services and legal advice: Concierge access to referrals for childcare, elder care and pet care. Free legal guidance for wills, trusts and family law.
- • *Not applicable as part of Holy Spirit benefits plan
Retirement and insurance
We help you invest in and protect your future.
We provide generous saving and investment programs that help you achieve your financial goals as well as life insurance to protect your future.
- • Retirement plans: We contribute 5% of your salary to your retirement plan and offer auto-enrollment to make saving convenient for you.
- • Up to $1,000,000 in life insurance: We offer basic life insurance that equals up to two times your salary, capped at $1,000,000.
- • Disability coverage: We offer long- and short-term disability coverages for all employees.
We help you grow your career. We invest in your professional development from day one.
- • Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: We offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- • Onsite MBA program: You can complete your MBA through University of Scranton with classes at Geisinger locations.
- • CME: We provide reimbursement for continuing medical education courses for physicians, nurses and advanced practitioners.
- • Physician training and education: We advance the careers of our providers through our residency and fellowship programs, medical school and Center for Continuing Professional Development.
- • Nurse training and education: We advance the careers of our nurses and providers through our medical-surgical fellowship program, graduate nurse residency program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute.
We encourage you to take time off. Your friends and family are important to you, so that means they’re important to us.
- • Vacation: Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- • Paid holidays: Paid holidays for full-time employees include New Years’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
We help you connect with the Geisinger community. We provide many ways for you to feel connected to the wider Geisinger community. You can participate in community volunteering activities or join one of our Employee Resource Groups.
- • Connect with the community: We provide opportunities for you to volunteer within the local community.
- • Connect with your peers: You can join one of our Employee Resource Groups, including Women LEAD, Black Outreach and Leadership Development (BOLD), G-PRIDE and VetNet.