At Geisinger, you don’t have to put your life on hold to move healthcare forward. Living in Pennsylvania and working at a nationally recognized system, you’ll have opportunities to deliver innovative patient care, while enjoying a work/life balance that gives you time to explore everything the outdoors has to offer. This is a place where you can get more out of life and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors – at home and across the country.
“When my family first moved to Pennsylvania, we had a strong hunch that we would be just fine. But we never in our wildest dreams imagined how much we would love it here.”Jaewon Ryu, MD, JD Geisinger President and CEO
“Working in an environment like central Pennsylvania, you get the best of both worlds: You can take care of people in your community and provide that high-level, sub-specialty care.”Cynthia Correll, MD Epilepsy Neurology, Neurology
“We’ve got that small-town feel, in a good way. It’s a safe place where neighbors still know each other, and that really benefits you as a provider because, at the end of the day, healthcare is about relationships.”Kenric Maynor, MD Hospital Medicine
Growing our share of risk membership and enhancing our ability to manage the at-risk population
Geisinger Health Plan
- Our 500,000+ member health plan known for its high-quality, affordable healthcare benefits.
- Senior-focused primary care centers where physicians can focus on a patient panel size of up to 400, well below the national average panel size.
Geisinger at Home
- Team-based care that makes it easier to improve health by meeting patients where they are – right at home.
Intersection between care and coverage
- We’ve consistently demonstrated that closer alignment between Geisinger Health Plan and our healthcare providers benefits the communities we serve, resulting in 18% lower readmission rates, 7.9% lower cost of care, 10% better in cancer screenings and more.
Fresh Food Farmacy
- Groundbreaking program that uses food to provide life-saving alternatives to patients with diabetes.
Achieving continuous improvement among measures of organizational health
- Geisinger cares for cardiac, spine, bariatric and joint replacement patients from across the country and has been consistently designated as a national leader for high quality, affordable care.
- Engagement, professional development and retention is part of our commitment to you at Geisinger. The Geisinger Academy provides a continuum of learning opportunities including courses, certificates, master’s degrees, communities of practice and executive education. The Academy fosters the development of competencies and skills focused on teaching and learning, communication, management and leadership, scholarly activity and precision medicine. Curriculum is evidence based, holistic and focused on best practices and the future of health with Geisinger’s competency model woven throughout our diverse curriculum.
Diversity and Inclusion Council
- Built from a cross-section of employees across the system, this council ensures alignment with Geisinger’s mission of providing culturally competent care and developing and sustaining a diverse workforce.
Top patient satisfaction
- Geisinger providers consistently rank in the top 10 percent in patient experience nationally from Press Ganey survey results, which gives patients an opportunity to grade the service and care they received from a provider.
Employee engagement and retention
- We continually seek to improve in big and small ways and ensure our employees are an important part of our success:
- We invest in your development with opportunities for mentorship, professional growth, and career advancement.
- Our employee engagement surveys foster an environment of continuous listening and dialogue with our employees to enhance communication, provide more real-time feedback, and create a culture of broader transparency, shared accountability.
Putting the consumer first by delivering the access, convenience and coordination they desire
Mail order pharmacy
- Prescriptions refilled to patients' homes every 90 days so they never have to worry about running out of their medications.
- Growing retail and mail-order pharmacy to save patients money and promote better medication adherence.
Primary Care expansion and redesign
- Support our communities with the growth of our network, facilities, and services to provide the best care.
- Expanded care team: physicians work with a team of advanced practitioners, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and psychologists to better manage the health of patients.
- Provides patients with access to specialty care and primary care from the comfort of their home.
- We have a comprehensive organizational strategy around digital transformation to provide a personalized, state-of-the-art consumer experience. Our commitment to providing our consumers easy access to manage their care ultimately leads to better clinical outcomes and increased customer satisfaction.
Experience a better quality of life in Pennsylvania
Enjoy fresh air, short commutes, a lower cost of living and tight-knit communities in various regions across Pennsylvania.
The Great Outdoors
With over 121 state parks, Pennsylvania is a playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Activities you can partake in include:
- Mountain biking
Easy Weekend Trips to Major Metro Areas
Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C. are all within a few hours’ drive of Pennsylvania. You’ll have access to arts and culture including:
- Live music
Lower Cost of Living
In communities across Pennsylvania you’ll experience a significantly lower cost of living than in nearby cities. That means you’ll be able to provide a better quality of life for you and your family with perks that include more affordable:
- Upscale housing
- Restaurants, cafés, coffee houses and local restaurants
Here, we know our neighbors and we’re there to support and celebrate them every chance we get. For that reason, Pennsylvania is a great place to raise a family with perks that include:
- Quaint towns
- Local festivals
- Unique small businesses
- Good schools
- Safe neighborhoods
- Quiet streets