Bus Driver (Part-time/ Days)
Drives the shuttle bus to transport guests, which may include patients, visitors or employees.
- Drives the shuttle bus on a route to pick up and discharge passengers at designated points.
- Assists passengers on and off the bus as needed or calls ahead for assistance from guest service associates.
- Reports hazardous driving conditions, mechanical problems with shuttle bus, and accidents involving bus or passengers to supervisor immediately.
- Records mechanical problems in pre-trip and post-trip logbook daily.
- Reports security concerns to security personnel.
- Must comply with applicable U.
- Department of Transportation safety regulations.
- Complete all safety trainings in the required time frame.
- Ensures shuttle bus is clean, orderly and presentable at all times.
- Reports all patient and guest complaints, suggestions or recommendations to supervisor in a timely manner, and implement service recovery directly with guest at time of concern.
Work is typically performed in a transportation vehicle or office. Requires the ability to lift at least 50 pounds. Requires sitting and driving a vehicle for an extended period of time. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
**Must possess Class B CDL with Passenger P endorsement**
**$1,250 sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Commercial Driver's License - Class B with P Endorsement - Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT)
SkillsTeamwork; Working Independently; Computer Literacy; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks