Database Administrator Senior
Responsible for the development and maintenance of rdbms platforms and database objects and with data access control supporting OLTP or analytic software applications on at least one major rdbms platform.
- Assumes sole ownership of database administration activities including creating database's and data objects and managing database access.
- Assists in evaluating DBA monitoring and productivity tools.
- Performs complex relational database management tasks for both development and production applications.
- Assists in database tuning when applicable.
- Identifies, documents and tracks all database related performance problems assisting in their resolution.
- Performs tasks to develop database and data object creation scripts and to automate data management alerts.
- Collects data for Database monitoring metrics and reporting.
- Assists in developing, gathering data for and reporting of metrics.
- Develops database management skills and assists with the development of junior dba's.
- Works on projects of moderate to high complexity within one or more development environments.
- Works on multiple systems and rdbms platforms as a project team member.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (Associate’s Degree = 2 years; Bachelor’s Degree = 4 years).
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 9 years-Relevant experience* (Required)
SkillsTechnical Skills; Communication; Teamwork; Operating Systems (OS); Database Skills; Databasing; Interpersonal Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks