Division Chief - Hematology and Medical Oncology
Geisinger's Cancer Institute is seeking a board-certified Hematologist/Medical Oncologist to lead their growing central Pennsylvania region, based at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA. The Hem/Onc Division Chief establishes and leads execution of a strategic plan for the provision of department services across the organization, fostering a spirit of innovation in care delivery, maximizing the use of technology where possible to improve quality and enhance efficiency. The Chief will direct providers, faculty, residents and other clinicians, to optimize the care of patients, support research endeavors, and provide effective and meaningful educational programs across the department. The position offers close proximity to NYC, Philadelphia, Pittsburg & Harrisburg.
- Provides leadership, planning, organization, staffing, coordination and evaluation for organizations activities.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the capital and operating budgets of the department.
- Work collaboratively with the clinical, administrative and finance leaders to establish appropriate budgets for staffing and delivering all components of the clinical, research and education programs within the department.
- Act as liaison with hospital administration and other hospital platforms to promote innovative care, teaching, and research in clinical departments.
- Supervise and evaluate all institute physicians in clinical and assigned administrative duties.
- Responsible for all quality improvement efforts in the department.
- Directs and oversees the clinical, operational and financial management of the department.
- May oversee one or more residency or fellowship programs.
- Responsible for all organizational and accrediting and regulatory agency standards, policies and procedures.
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
For more information please contact Jenna Spatafore, Lead Provider Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-502-0902.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks