Performs skilled services in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures.
- Plans and installs electrical conduits and raceways for the transmission of electrical power.
- Installs, maintains and repairs motors, motor controls, distribution panels and switching equipment.
- Checks and maintains emergency generators and emergency switching devices.
- Repairs a variety of mechanical, plumbing and electrical equipment when on weekend duty as necessary.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor as required.
- Runs computer and other types of nonprotected cables from main source to individual unit.
- Fills out job completion forms and daily reports.
- Performs preventive maintenance and equipment inspections as assigned.
- Orders parts and materials needed through supervisor and assist shops supervisors in maintaining inventory stock.
- Initiates Facilities Operations work requests and verbal handoffs as appropriate to assure follow-through on customer and facilities concerns.
- Communicates, works with and assists other team members with their area of expertise as needed.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 4 years-Related work experience (Required)
SkillsOrganizing; Computer Literacy; Mathematics; Working Independently; Teamwork; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks