LPN - Experienced & Graduate Licensed Practical Nurse (Danville)
Geisinger is proud to offer a full time Inpatient Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) a $10,000 sign on bonus for eligible candidates as well as up to $40,000 in financial support to become a RN! Marketing leading hiring rates and up to $5 shift differentials for evening, nights, and weekend shifts! Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Katy Baralt, Nurse Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Full benefits (health, dental and vision) starting on day one
- Three medical plan choices, including an expanded network for out-of-area employees and dependents
- Pre-tax savings plans with healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA) and a health savings account (HSA)
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue time quickly
- Up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health while earning a financial incentive
- Family-friendly support including adoption and fertility assistance, parental leave pay, military leave pay and a free Care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Referrals for childcare, eldercare, & pet care; Access free legal guidance, mental health visits, work-life support, digital self-help tools and more
- Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity insurance, identity theft protection, universal life and pet and legal insurance
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
- Geisinger values and prioritizes the safety and security of our staff by investing in a Strongline Alert Notification system worn by our staff, robust camera surveillance system, metal detectors at certain locations and security guards/K9 program on campus.
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. To learn more: https://jobs.geisinger.org/diversity
Contributes data to the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Promotes adaptive responses of patient/family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned unit.
- Contributes data to assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Reinforces patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence based practice.
- Provides input to the manager for performance appraisals of care delivery team members.
- Precepts and mentors new staff and students in a professional, positive manner as assigned.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Opportunities on inpatient units may vary based on hospital needs.
Schedule may vary based on unit needs.
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC), the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics.
Geisinger Medical Center is proud to receive ANCC Magnet Recognition®, the highest and most prestigious distinction a health care organization can receive for nursing practice and quality patient care.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body
SkillsTeamwork; Computer Literacy; Customer Service; Communication; Multitasking
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks