Physician Ophthalmology Glaucoma
Provides care to patients and can recognize, diagnose and treat injuries and/or illnesses. Examines patients. Takes medical histories. Prescribes medications and orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests. Counsels patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare. May provide treatment by methods of including preventative measures, drugs and surgery.
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC),in Danville, Pennsylvania is seeking a Glaucoma trained Ophthalmologist to fill a rewarding position in the Department of Ophthalmology.
This position provides an opportunity to join a well-established practice with multi-specialty Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and an Ophthalmology residency program
About this position
• Modern clinic space with 50 exam rooms
• Two surgical facilities- An outpatient surgery center located on the first floor of our clinic building and one at our main hospital 5 minutes away
• Advanced technologies in diagnostics including HVF, Goldmann visual field, OCT (Zeiss with Glaucoma Workplace and Heidelberg), FA, Fundus Camera, IOL Master, Immersion and Topography
• Treatment options, including SLT Laser , YAG Laser, Argon Laser, Diode CPC • Support from a PA-C's and CRNP
• Shared call (home call) with resident coverage 24/7
• A large referral base from our onsite Optometrists, local Ophthalmologists and physicians in our satellite offices
• High surgical volume, with opportunities for comprehensive practice with cataract surgery and supervising residents Opportunities to develop new program, perform research, and teach residents in a large, tertiary referral center.
For more information, please visit geisinger.org/careers or contact: Dr. Herbert Ingraham, Department Chair Ophthalmology Geisinger c/o Sarah Lipka, Sr. Provider Recruiter Geisinger firstname.lastname@example.org
Geisinger Health System serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 12 hospital campuses, 43 community practice sites and nearly 1,600 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
- Interviews patients to obtain information such as symptoms, medical histories, and family histories. Performs and/or interprets diagnostic tests as needed.
- Diagnose and design a plan of treatment for injuries and/or illness. May prescribe or administer medications. Prepares, maintains, and reviews records that include patients' histories, examination findings, treatment plans, or outcomes.
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsProfessional Etiquette; Systems-Based Practice; Patient Care And Procedural Skills
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks