Social Worker (MSW) - Pediatric Palliative Care
Interacts with patients, family members, healthcare professionals, and community and state agencies. The Social Worker serves as a liaison between the hospital and community agencies or facilities for the exchange of clinical and referral information. Identifies high risk patients from a psychosocial/financial perspective, assesses the psychological needs of patients and families and provides information, support, counseling, care management, and referrals to appropriate resources. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met and care delivery is coordinated across the continuum. Resolves psychosocial patient care issues and develops and implements a complex patient transition/discharge plan.
- Participates in the screening of participants and evaluates psychosocial surveys to ensure appropriate and successful group participation.
- Provides support in developing the skills necessary for integrating lifestyle changes into daily life.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team development of a plan of care for each participant.
- Participates in the monitoring, documentation, and communication of the participant's response to the interdisciplinary team plan of care.
- Monitors group support adherence for all participants and provides additional explanation of guidelines on an individual basis as needed.
- Assesses, plans and initiates patient plan of care.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of placement and actual discharge to appropriate agencies.
- Initiates and monitors completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all documentation.
- Provides documentation of initial assessments and reviewing of all referrals for accuracy and content prior to discharge.
- Reports potential risk or quality management.
- Escalates issues to resource as necessary to resolve barriers through appropriate administrative and medical channels.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Work Schedule: 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Geisinger cares about not only its patients and members but also about you and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and professionally.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first day of employment with three medical plan options, including flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) options
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue time quickly
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common identities.
To learn more about our benefit offerings, please visit: https://www.paperturn-view.com/radancy-geis/135344-geisinger-2023-benefits-general?pid=MzA300191&v=1.1
EducationMaster's Degree-Social Work (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Related work experience (Preferred)
SkillsOrganizing; Behavioral Therapy Management; Assessment And Diagnosis; Intake Assessments; Patients Rights; Psychotherapy; Social Work; Working Independently
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks