Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Convenient Care Walk-In Clinic
The Clinic LPN provides primary clinical support to the provider, patient and their family to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's condition. Follows up on diagnostic testing to ensure completion, accuracy, and filing of same in medical record to ensure continuity and quality of care. Promotes a clean environment. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint, vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and prepares patient for examinations.
- Provides direct clinical care as directed by provider.
- Assists provider in performance of minor surgical diagnostic procedures and ancillary diagnostic examinations as directed by provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and complete associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as directed by provider, prioritizes communication to the provider, responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use of provider time and timely response to patients needs Administers medications and vaccines including intradermal and skin testing under the direction of a provider and per scope of practice.
- Cleans and sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases, ensures required levels of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments and equipment, and preparation of patient.
About Convenient Care:
Geisinger Convenient Care is a walk-in clinic that provides quick, convenient healthcare when patients need it. Convenient Care locations provide services for family health care needs, including physicals, immunizations and treatment for common illnesses. Our Clinic treats minor health issues that can be resolved in a single visit, including cold and flu symptoms, allergies, earaches, urinary infections, tick removal, sprains, strains and minor cuts. Care is available to anyone age 1 and older. Convenient Care is open 7 days a week.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
This position qualifies for a $5,000 sign-on bonus paid over two years. Certain stipulations do apply.
- Hours. The Clinic is open M-F 8:45AM to 8:15PM. Weekends (S/S): 7:45AM to 6:16PM
- Weekend requirement: Every other weekend
- Travel: Limited for potential coverage in another clinic
Geisinger cares about not only its patients and members but also about you and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and professionally. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. To learn more: https://jobs.geisinger.org/diversity
- Full benefits (health, dental and vision) starting on day one
- Three medical plan choices, including an expanded network for out-of-area employees and dependents
- Pre-tax savings plans with healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA) and a health savings account (HSA)
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue time quickly
- Up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health while earning a financial incentive
- Family-friendly support including adoption and fertility assistance, parental leave pay, military leave pay and a free Care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Referrals for childcare, eldercare, & pet care. Access free legal guidance, mental health visits, work-life support, digital self-help tools and more.
- Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity insurance, identity theft protection, universal life and pet and legal insurance
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
SkillsCustomer Service; Computer Literacy; Teamwork; Multitasking; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks