Inpatient Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician
$30K start incentive, insurance on your first day, malpractice with tail, PSLF Program!
Geisinger, a national leader in healthcare innovation and technology, is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care trained physician for an exciting opportunity at Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania. There is a strong Sleep presence for those boarded in Sleep.
At a Glance:
- Seeking physician with advanced bronchoscopy background (EBUS) and potential experience with pleural procedures (pleurax catheters and thoracentesis, maybe pleural biopsies)
- Mostly inpatient Pulmonary work (80%) with some Critical Care Medicine (20%) in the morning at this Level I trauma center and outpatient Pulmonary clinic and procedures in the afternoon
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm schedule
- Be an instrumental part of teaching, scholarly activities, interdisciplinary programs and committees and research
- Competitive compensation package with $30k start incentive
- Health, dental, vision, prescription plans on day 1 of employment
- Paid time off, holidays, parental and military leave
- CME: 15 working days and $4,500/year
- Generous retirement: Geisinger annually contributes over $15k
- Fully paid relocation
- Malpractice with tail coverage
- Geisinger qualifies for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
- The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area is close to various recreational attractions like Kalahari resorts & conventions, Hershey Park and Hotel Hershey, Camelback Resort & Great Wolf Resorts
- Shopping, dining, sporting events, concerts, etc all nearby!
- Enjoy some of Pennsylvania’s best hunting, mountain biking, skiing, and hiking
- Driving distance to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC & Baltimore
- Avoca International Airport is 15 minutes or less away and allows for endless travel opportunities
For more information, please contact: Tonya Harmon Boyer, Senior Provider Recruiter, at 570-854-1571 or email@example.com.
GEISINGER COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (GCMC), Scranton, Pa., is an acute care hospital licensed for 297 beds and houses the only Level II Trauma Center in Lackawanna County and Scranton’s only neurosurgery program and adult in-patient behavioral health unit. It is also home to comprehensive cardiovascular and orthopaedic services, as well as a broad range of other surgical and radiological services. The campus is affiliated with Geisinger-Mountain View Care Center, Scranton, Pa., a 180-bed long term care facility.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsProfessional Etiquette; Systems-Based Practice; Patient Care And Procedural Skills
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks