Physician Vascular Surgery
Geisinger is seeking a BC/BE vascular surgeon to join the Heart and Vascular Institute team for the Geisinger-Community Medical Center (GCMC), located in Scranton, PA and Geisinger-Wyoming Valley (GWV), located in Wilkes Barre, PA.
About the Geisinger Community Medical Center position in Scranton:
- The vascular surgery team at GCMC is currently made up of 4 board-certified vascular surgeons and 3 physician extenders.
- This GCMC Vascular group coordinates care with the Geisinger GWV Vascular group thus sharing call on weekends between the two hospitals.
- General surgery and podiatry residents rotate on the service.
About the Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center position in Wilkes Barre:
- The vascular surgery team at GWV is currently made up of 4 board-certified vascular surgeons and 3 physician extenders.
- This GWV Vascular group coordinates care with the GCMC Vascular group thus sharing call on weekends between the two hospitals.
- General surgery and Vascular surgery fellows & residents rotate on the service.
Both Vascular Practice Locations:
- The practices are limited to vascular and endovascular surgery – no general surgery.
- Approximately 60% of the practice is endovascular.
- At each hospital there is one dedicated vascular surgery state-of-the-art endovascular suite located in the OR and one adjacent cath lab utilized for routine endovascular cases.
- ICAVL-accredited vascular lab with approximately 8000 studies per year run within the vascular department.
- Practice includes the full spectrum of vascular practice from carotid surgery/stenting to open aortic surgery and aortic stent grafts.
- Teaching hospital providing advanced care to the State of Pennsylvania using 7 Geisinger helicopters working to coordinate care at all three major Vascular hospitals (Scranton, Wilkes-Barre & Danville)
- Geisinger Commonwealth College of Medicine students rotate on a regular basis.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually.
Discover for yourself why Geisinger has been nationally recognized as a visionary model of integrated healthcare.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsProfessional Etiquette; Systems-Based Practice; Patient Care And Procedural Skills
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks