RN - Experienced & Graduate Registered Nurse (Shamokin)
You’re ready for your next challenge, the kind that only a nationally recognized healthcare system can provide. At Geisinger, leading healthcare change starts with collaboration, community and lifelong learning. From our systemwide initiatives like our Nurse Residency Program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute, we give our nurses the tools to build a career with lasting impact.
What makes a successful nurse at Geisinger? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. Our nurses treat each other with respect and compassion, embrace diversity and take time to connect and listen. We are led by five main values:
Our Geisinger Family
Growing up in the northeast, Geisinger has always had a reputation of being a leader in cutting edge medicine. Being part of their staff is both a privilege and honor. So far working as a RN, has been an incredible experience. The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about their field. They are always willing to help me further my education and skills.RN, Telemetry Unit, GMC
I had a very positive experience as a student nurse during my clinical rotations and knew I wanted to join the nursing team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital. As a new nurse everyone has been extremely helpful. My coworkers are dedicated to the success of the team and providing the best care possible for our patients.RN, Orthopedic Oncology, GLH
I'm excited to take the lessons I've learned along my journey from bedside nurse to educator to leader and help position Geisinger's more than 6,500 nurses—in all positions, from LPNs to RNs to advanced practice nurses—for their own future successes.Chief Nursing Executive, MSN, RN
Health and Wellness Programs
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Awards and Recognition
Geisinger is proud to offer a Graduate Inpatient RN up to $19,000 hiring incentive and an Experienced Inpatient RN up to $24,000 hiring incentive for eligible candidates! $36 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $7 shift differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts! Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Katy Baralt, Nurse Recruiter, at email@example.com.
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
- Geisinger values and prioritizes the safety and security of our staff by investing in a Strongline Alert Notification system worn by our staff, robust camera surveillance system, metal detectors at certain locations and security guards/K9 program on campus.
Nurse Residency Program
- 12-month program automatically offered to RNs with less than one year of acute care experience
- Focuses on developing critical thinking skills, leadership, quality outcomes, and professional role
- Provided with education and resources through professional development meetings, peer support, dedicated preceptor, mentor, and more!
Opportunities on inpatient units may include Advanced Acute Care, Emergency Department, Operating Room and Surgical Services.
Schedule may vary based on unit needs.
As a campus of Geisinger Medical Center, Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital (GSACH) is part of central Pennsylvania’s most complete community hospital, offering many services that are not available anywhere else locally.
Geisinger Medical Center is proud to receive ANCC Magnet Recognition®, the highest and most prestigious distinction a health care organization can receive for nursing practice and quality patient care.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
SkillsTeamwork; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Organizing; Clinical Skills; Interpersonal Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
- LPN-Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem-Advanced Acute Care Medical Shamokin, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse-Advanced Acute Care Medical Shamokin, Pennsylvania
- RN-Registered Nurse-Advanced Acute Care Medical Shamokin, Pennsylvania
- LPN -Experienced & Graduate Licensed Practical Nurse (Shamokin) Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Recently Viewed Jobs
Your recently viewed jobs will appear here