Urologist- Geisinger, Pennsylvania
The Department of Urology at Geisinger, a national leader in quality, innovation, research and education, is seeking a Urologist to join our group at Geisinger in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The program is excited to welcome an additional Urologist to join over 20 general and subspecialty fellowship trained urologists providing urologic care system-wide. Urologic subspecialty interest can be supported in the context of a general urology position.
- New clinic and ASC (opened 2022) designed with efficiencies to specifically support urology
- State of the art technology including robotic access, high-powered lasers, ability to do transperitoneal/fusion biopsies, Robotic Aquablation and Rezum in the office setting
- Highly competitive salary model linked to value-based care instead of pure productivity measure
- Shared weekend call 1:9 with partial AP/ Resident support
- Geisinger has over 30 medical residency programs, including a fully accredited urology residency
- Support from a team of Advanced Practitioners for clinic and on call responsibilities
- Opportunity for an academic appointment through Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Fully paid relocation with generous PTO (4 weeks) and annual CME time (3 weeks)
- Excellent benefits package including 401 (k), 403(b) and 457(b),life insurance, AD&D and disability coverage
- Malpractice & Tail coverage for Geisinger employment
- Fully integrated electronic health record -EPIC
- Forgivable recruitment loan/ Medical School loan repayment (Resident/ Fellows) may be available upon signing
This is an ideal opportunity for a urologist seeking a desirable work/life balance with a focus on providing excellent patient care. There is also opportunity to participate in clinical research and teach residents from our fully accredited urology program.
Candidates must be eligible for certification by the American Board of Urology. Applicants must possess a strong commitment to high quality patient care and resident and medical student education.
Northeastern Pennsylvania (NEPA) is a great place to live with an affordable cost of living and access to recreational activities, an International Airport, sporting events, ski resorts, and fine dining. The community has 9 Universities and Graduate Institutions in the immediate area plus excellent public and private schools. NEPA is close to New York City and Philadelphia (giving you access to major cities) the beach and the Pocono Mountains.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
SkillsSystems-Based Practice; Patient Care And Procedural Skills; Professional Etiquette
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks