System Chief, Cardiovascular Prevention and Population Health
Geisinger is seeking a System Chief, Cardiovascular Prevention and Population Health.
Hiring Entity: Geisinger Heart and Vascular Institute
Primary Work Site: Geisinger Medical Center
Secondary Work Site: Geisinger Wyoming Valley Hospital
Geisinger Community Medical Center
Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
Clinics that host outpatient cardiology activities
Board Certification in Cardiovascular Diseases Active Licensure in Pennsylvania Current DEA and State Controlled Substance License Established record of clinical leadership in Cardiovascular Imaging, including TEE Established record of administrative leadership Established record of academic, research and educational pursuits Additional training and/or certification in Preventive Cardiology may also be beneficial
The physician leader will work closely with the System Chair of Cardiology (SCC) and all Regional Directors of Cardiology (RDCs) to establish and grow an integrated and comprehensive Cardiovascular Prevention Service across Geisinger Health System (GHS). Integration and growth will be measured across various dimensions:
- Supply Chain Efforts
- Facilities Planning (where relevant)
- Population Health (Health Plan Efforts)
Clinical responsibilities would include (and are not limited to):
- Personally maintain an active clinical practice
- Coordinate Cardiovascular Prevention efforts across GHS
- Create a comprehensive clinical program targeting populations at high risk for cardiovascular disease, including creation of an Advanced Lipid Clinic.
- Create direct links to existing efforts at risk reduction by Primary Care, Endocrinology and Bariatrics.
- Provide review of any clinical quality challenges that arise within the realm of Cardiovascular Prevention
Administrative responsibilities would include (and are not limited to):
- Have direct report responsibility for assigned physicians across the Institute.
- Providing administrative oversight for Cardiovascular Prevention Services; ensuring that services are consistently delivered with high levels of quality, efficiency, and ease of access
- Work closely with SCC and RDCs to establish yearly goals for the Cardiovascular Imaging Section that integrate efforts across the GHS
- Work closely with all Cardiovascular Prevention Staff Physicians/Providers to craft personalized yearly goals, review these goals with individual Staff Physicians and facilitate their progress and successful completion.
- Work closely with SCC and RCCs to ensure that Cardiovascular Prevention Staff Physicians/Providers’ goals and activities are aligned with our mission of improving cardiovascular health of our populations
- Coordinate efforts for strategic outreach
- Partner with operations to oversee access to Cardiovascular Preventive services across GHS
- Partner with operations to improve clinical documentation accuracy in Cardiovascular Prevention clinics
- Review and improve financial performance of Cardiovascular Prevention clinics in a manner that is responsibly aligned with our quality goals
Research responsibilities would include (and are not limited to):
- Lead efforts to responsibly administer existing research efforts
- Expand research portfolio with a focus on high-impact trials and investigator-initiated efforts
- Connect existing research efforts with Population Health, Health Care Economics and Genetics (MyCode).
- Explore Artificial Intelligence efforts within Cardiovascular Prevention
Education responsibilities would include (and are not limited to):
- Participating in the Education Mission of Geisinger Health including training General Cardiology Fellows
- Participating in the Educational Mission of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Engaging Cardiovascular Prevention colleagues to participate in all above activities
- Establish a Cardiovascular Prevention Lecture Series
- Work with Marketing to develop Cardiovascular Prevention educational materials/experiences for referring physicians, cardiology colleagues and allied health professionals
- Maintain faculty appointment at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
Supply Chain efforts would include (and are not limited to):
- Working closely with our administrative leaders to routinely secure and advance efficiencies in GHS’ approach to Supply Chain acquisitions including pharmacotherapies related to Cardiovascular Prevention.
- Actively participate in the scientific and clinical review of all new pharmacotherapies connected to our Cardiovascular Prevention efforts
Recruitment efforts include (and are not limited to):
- Create a plan for sustainable growth of the Cardiovascular Prevention Section
- Personally drive strategic Cardiovascular Prevention recruitments
Facilities Planning effort include (and are not limited to):
- Providing guidance and direction to senior leaders as they engage in the Facilities Planning Process
- Engage colleagues and staff to ensure that space design aligns with current and projected clinical use
Population Health (Health Plan) efforts include (and are not limited to):
- Working with GHP, to ensure efficient and clinically effective care for GHP beneficiaries, including 65-Forward.
Physician Reports to:
George Ruiz, MD, Chief, Geisinger Health System for system efforts
Alex Zimmerman, DNP, Vice President, Geisinger Heart and Vascular Institute
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
A place where you can lead a healthy lifestyle and follow your dreams.
Only at Geisinger.
Best employer for healthy lifestyles – National Business Group
Access to 121 state parks